Monday, December 3, 2007

"Obscure video and/or pictures of my pet."

Fellow gamer geek and word nerd August J. Pollak is doing something pretty awesome to raise money for "Child's Play":

A few of you hopefully remember the strip I did back in April called Internet Argument. I guess it hit home for a lot of Intarweb people because it got linked to on MetaFilter, Slashdot, Fark, and a whole bunch of other places. In terms of internet traffic, it's the most popular cartoon I've ever done... the reason I'm mentioning all this isn't to brag, but to hype up the value of the cartoon since the original is now being auctioned off on eBay for charity.

I am making absolutely no money on this sale- in fact, I'm taking a hit on it since I'm springing for the shipping myself- so don't think this has anything to do with me wanting some money. I mean, I do, but in this particular case I'd like all the money possible to go to some sick kids. Every single cent earned from this auction goes right to Child's Play, which if you aren't aware of yet is an amazing organization created by Penny Arcade creators Jerry Holkins and Mike Krahulik.

...

This is definitely a lot more than the standard prices for my books and prints, but of course original art is one of a kind and also I suppose it's been a good sixty seconds or so and I should again remind you that your money will be buying toys for sick children.

The bidding broke $375 earlier today, but c'mon, gang... I think y'all can nudge that a bit higher. Get crackin'! Show Duh Media us gamers are good people!

No comments:

Share This Post