Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Support This Blog For Just $1/Month

Whether it's blog posts on social justice or articles on the gaming industry, Shawn Struck's writing shows the attention to and respect for his craft -- and for people -- that make his work so appealing. His writing is smart without being pretentious and he seems genuinely uninterested in resorting to the sort of lowest-common-denominator copy that the geekblogging world is rife with. What a breath of fresh air!-- Marissa Sammy, writer & former Copy Editrix of Sequential Tart

I update The Code by myself, three times a day, five days a week. I focus not just on geek culture, but aim to make geek culture more inclusive, to shine a spotlight on problems that marginalized groups face and signal boost their efforts.

I would love to offer more to The Code and its readers: novelty food reviews, on location coverage and interviews, updating 3 times a day 7 days a week and even doing all that while releasing a bi-monthly podcast and offer regular contests and giveaways!

I am also an non-traditional independent student entering college at 34 as a sophomore to get my Bachelors (and was accepted to Rutgers-Newark stating this fall), a writer and designer with 13 years of experience, and currently my only income are the cents from the occasional Google AdWords click. If you feel what I do is worthwhile and want to help out, you can do so for as little as ONE DOLLAR A MONTH. You can help me help others and get real rewards every month too, from surprise packages from my personal collection to 2 hours of free design work and consultation every month. Please visit my Patreon campaign and consider becoming a monthly supporter.

If you don't want to be a monthly supporter, you can also make a donation of any amount you want via PayPal by clicking here. Thanks in advance.

No comments:

Share This Post